Monday, June 27, 2011

Wedding Playlist


Today I’m linking up with Lowercase Letters for Miscellany Monday {for the first time}! She just got a new header on her blog and it looks fabulous!!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

I thought I’d share our wedding music playlist for fun today! My husband and I personally picked these out for special reasons. Enjoy!


SCP
@ The Ceremony – Seacoast Wedding Chapel, Mt. Pleasant SC
1. Grandparents and Mothers:
Can’t Help Falling in Love with You – Ingrid Michaelson (3:18)
*Why did we pick? Our families love Elvis and we love modern spins to older music


2. Wedding Party & Bride:
Beautiful Things (acoustic) – Gungor (4:48)
*Why did we pick? I first heard this song played by Lee University’s Worship Team for a Campus Worship night with a full orchestra and I fell in love. We used the acoustic version from you-tube


3. Communion:
Garden – Needtobreathe (3:44)
*Why did we pick? We got The Outsiders Album while our nephew was in the hospital. When he went to be with Jesus, we just kept listening to this song. It reminds us that God will carry us through anything we go through


4. Recessional:
Something in the Water – Brooke Fraser (3:05)
*Why did we pick? My college roommate gave me Flags, Brooke Frasier’s album for a road trip. I couldn’t stop listening to this fun and playful song and JM got hooked too!


@ The Reception – The Historic Rice Mill, Charleston SC
1. Our First Dance:
By The Way They Dance – Jump Little Children {Played Live by Our Friend Micah Nichols (Member of Crowfield) & Friends}
*Why did we pick? I first heard this song by Jay Clifford live with the Charleston Symphony on Valentine’s Day 2008 and it gave me shivers all over. I heard it and knew I wanted it for my ‘first dance’ – this was before JM and I dated. And, our wedding was in Charleston, why not play some hometown music? Micah knows Jay Clifford personally so that helped too J


2. Father-Daughter & Mother-Son Dance:
Swept Away – The Avett Brothers {Played Live by Our friend Micah Nichols & Friends}
*Why did we pick? JM loves the Avetts and now I do too! We didn’t know what to dance to but we wanted something slow, but fun and upbeat. This was on JM’s playlist for a while and it fit perfect for our style. Our parents had never heard it before we danced with them. The band did a fabulous job!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving us a copy of these songs - we are constantly singing "You make beautiful things..." Love you!

    ReplyDelete