Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just One of Those Kind of Days

Source
Today was a day, unusual.
I was warned when I married a Redwine that bad luck comes by that name.
I don't really believe in luck.
Or so I thought.
But I since I married into it, I hoped such "bad luck" would maybe skip me.
NOT!
I should have turned back at getting stranded deep sea fishing 90 miles out in the Atlantic, or when we got stuck in low tide in the middle of a huge storm in a boat we thought would run out of gas in the Tampa Bay, or when the motor wouldn't start and we were stranded on Seabrook's Island beach ... yes these may be all boat stories, but they are just a tip of the iceberg.
But I didn't change my mind! I love the man too much!
There's always a punch to be thrown:
We've slept through tornadoes on top of mountains
and
Fished for years and without catching anything good
and
Tried to leave London to go to Paris because we thought our tickets were booked and had to pay 3x as much
and
Drove three hours to go camping and realized we forgot our tent
and
Went camping in the rain without reservations on Memorial Day weekend and slept on the AT instead
and
Drove all summer without AC because no one could fix it

Really, this all happens on a day to day basis!
Surely we're not the only ones.
It happens to everyone.
Right?
Well today was my day for a series of unfortunate events. No husband, just me.
I went to get my haircut but when I arrived the salon was locked.
My appointment was at 2 but the door said they'd be back at 1.
I thought I was early.
While I waited, a unusual man started a conversation with me.
I didn't want to be rude and I had no were to go.
So we talked.
The problem was that I don't know what he was talking about.
But we talked.
He likes hotdogs, his brother and military friends got him drunk at 16 and he's been sober 5 years.
"When you don't drink, there's no trouble."
Come to find out, my dear hairstylist Lisa and 2 others were in a car accident on their way back from lunch.
Thankfully there are no major injuries.
And we'll reschedule.
On I went to talk to a hiring manager about a job and missed her by 10 minutes.
I was told she was available all day Thursdays.
I went to McDonalds for a Mocha Frappe and realized I forgot the stuff I was going donate.
After going back home to get the stuff, the clutch dropped while driving on the city's main road.
Thankfully I was going fast enough to coast into the median.
And, I had an icey Mocha to sip on.
JM came to my rescue and we waited over an hour for what we were told would be 20 min for AAA.

All that to say, just another day in the neighborhood and as a Mrs. Redwine.
Still, I don't call it bad luck, I call it life!
I wouldn't take any of it back.



No comments:

Post a Comment