Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Meet my grandparents!

All captured and written by: Lauren Rosenau Photography

PORTRAIT:: CHUCK & SONJA

PORTRAIT:: CHUCK & SONJA
Every now and then, you meet ”that” couple. That couple that lights up a room. That couple that inspires you with their stories of past adventures. That couple that laughs and carries on. That couple that every couple dreams of being years after they’ve said their vows.  Chuck and Sonja, are “that” couple.
Chuck and Sonja are the grandparents of  the amazingly talented, Melanie, from New Creations Flower Co., who I frequently get to work with in the wedding biz. After seeing some of the portraits that I’d taken of my dear grandma, Daisy, Mel asked me if I would accompany her to SC to capture her sweet grandparents in their element. I spent an afternoon getting to know a little more about Chuck and Sonja and all their adventures. They have a beautiful, cozy home with a huge piece of land where they take care of horses and live in love.
I can’t help but wonder to myself “where will this couple be in 50 years?”, when I’m photographing a wedding. I like to think that this is exactly how it should be. THIS is what love should look like. Love is dancing in a field and laughing until your sides hurt, with the one who holds your heart. Chuck & Sonja, you’ve been such an inspiration to me. You two are beautiful together.
Here are a few of my favorites from our time together. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment