Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recycled Window

Yesterday I showed the window I was working on. I got this window from my uncle a few months ago in exchange for a few hours of painting in his shop. I may paint it one day when I want to do something different with it, but I like the way it looks for now. I just took a few days to sand it and use a razor blade to get as much of the old paint off. My aunt has a much larger one hanging on her porch, so I thought I'd start out small to fit our house. I snapped a photo of another window in a pool store this past spring to keep for inspiration. Yesterday my wonderful husband helped me hang our window with some simple tools: a drill, 2 chains, 2 ceiling hooks and 2 screw eyes. For Halloween I'm going to drape pumpkin lights around it and of course, white lights and possibly garland for the Christmas season! Oh, and maybe even some spray on snow!

My inspiration photo - Maybe one day we'll have a nice patio too!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! One of our neighbors has an old window frame sitting out for the garbage men, and I've been driving by every day trying to think of what I could use it for. I just might pick it up tonight! Thanks for the inspiration Rae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hot commodity right now -escpecially if you can find them with stained glass. I like it Rahel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had two window frames in my living room in college. .. we put flowers in the "windows" and hung them horizontally! :-) They were so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete