Saturday, August 27, 2011

Home Tour Part 3


Welcome to our Home!
Bedrooms
&
Bathroom
The night before we moved in, we decided to paint our bedroom blue to give it a cool feel. It has to be dark because I can’t sleep if there’s light shining in. Our first furniture purchase together was our bedroom suit from Ashley. It’s black with wood grain tops and simply timeless. The curtains we have are the third set I’ve tried – I still don’t love them, but they keep the light out! My friend gave me this cool sign that has the lyrics to the song JM and I walked down the aisle to after we were married. My sister painted the other signs for my nieces to carry instead of flowers at the wedding (they say “Here Comes” “the Bride” on the other side).Notice our his and hers closets? They are so small that JM uses the guest room closet. The quilt on our guest bed was given to me from my church when I graduated high school. The bedroom suit was JM’s grandparent’s first bedroom suit when they were married and I made the headboard pictures out of pillowcases until I know what else to do! We ran our first half-marathon together this past spring, so our medals hang on the mirror! Our bathroom is tiny but I tried to use some French décor. The Eifel Tower picture came from Urban Outfitters and our French dispensers were a wedding gift from Pottery Barn. The lantern from Big Lots sits in our hallway between the dining room and guest room.

2 comments:

  1. I love the house Rahel - it is eclectic and homey. What is the picture of above your bed? And where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your home!!! And I love the the ideas of the pillow cases as framework.

    God bless YOU!

    ReplyDelete