Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Another Day

I'm here at the Volvo dealership with my husband waiting for our car to be serviced. It's days like these I feel more like an adult. Thinking about our future and that one day our car won't be filled with just suitcases and our dog but also car seats and crumbs and kids and toys and anything else that we can fit. It excites me to think about the coming future, but for now I enjoy the way our life is. Just my husband and I. But really, its my prayer that we can take these moments like today that we can actually be sitting together and doing errands together and buying groceries as a team because I know that some day it will be much more difficult. I get frustrated and stir crazy these days because I don't have a job yet. But I get to spend lunch, dinner and anytime that he's not working by his side. Sadly I know that the busyness of life will soon close in and we will be putting time aside just so we can be together. So for now I'm going to take this all in as a blessing for the fact that 85% of my day is with my husband.
We had my parents over for the Easter weekend. Our first holiday hosting family and cooking a holiday meal. We had a great time at the beach and eating packed lunches. But overall I am just so grateful for amazing parents and in-laws and family that love the Lord. We could celebrate this wonderful time with family blessed because we have a Saviour that has radically changed our lives teaching us about redemption, forgiveness and most importantly LOVE! Love that is so much more than ourselves. It's a love that serves, gives and never fails. We sang in church: Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me. And this love that Christ so freely gives to us is an amazing gift and responsibility we too are capable of sharing as believers. I have been so challenged lately at what this all means and I pray that everyday I can grow more and more in Christs love so that people know that my life is an example of his love and people know that Christ's love will never fail, never give up or ever run out on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment