Monday, October 3, 2011

Heart Cry

I've been mulling over the idea for a long time:
My heart yearns to give.
To help
To share.
To be a part of something beyond myself.
I've been searching for the "right" place.
Something that just pulls on my heart.
There are so many organizations out there these days, which is phenomenal - 
but some, I'm not sure if I trust.
I had a lovely talk with my beautiful friend Delilah a few weeks ago.
We brought ourselves from tears to laughter in conversation.
I told her how I'm having a hard time being at home and without a job.
How I'm so ready to just be a part of something.
And she really spoke to me in such simplicity.
“Neighbors.”
Serving those next door.
We have several neighbors on our street that I'm just getting to know.
But there's one particular lady: Maxine.
John Mark and I run by her house all the time.
We began by waving, chatting, etc.
One day I just really wanted to give her cookies.
I brought them over and she let me in.
It has definitely opened our opportunity to get to know her.
It's crazy how when we take small steps, God opens small doors.
We are slowly getting to know Mrs. Maxine.
A recent widow. An artist. A gardener.
We are excited to continue to get to know and to serve her.
Just a little reminder of those small things we can be a part of.
I trust the God has BIG plans for JM and I.
My heart rejoices when I can serve.
When I can share God's love and hope.
But on those days when I can't be a part of something big, there's always something small -
that may in fact be big for someone else.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! you wrote my hearts cry. so happy i just found you. beautiful beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... so i just went to put your url into my favorites and laughed because i saw marie wilson...my name is ashley marie wilson. thought i copy and pasted something of my own! haha.

    ReplyDelete