Thursday, July 21, 2011

The BIG 3-0!

Me and My Brother
Today is my big brother's 30th birthday. He's the oldest of us 4 kids and the only boy. I'm the youngest of the kids and 6 years younger than Milo. Although we had a large gap in age difference, we are finding out more and more how similar we are. I guess we were never really "friends" when we were kids. He was a boy, he wrestled, and he basically would just wrestle my sisters and I until mom or dad would say... "don't break your glasses" (we are all nearly blind). We are both extremely stubborn so we mostly just fought or schemed against each other as kids... but sometimes we were good accomplices.  I still am afraid to walk in front of the shopping cart at a grocery store in fear that my brother will be behind ramming my ankles. But somehow, when Milo's friends wouldn't be able to hang out, he could always get me to go sledding, skiing, 4-wheeling and so-on because I was stubborn enough to try and keep up with him. But all that aside, in the last 6 years or so we've really gotten to know each other and we have a great friendship. He is an amazing mentor and big brother. He looks out for me and gives great advice and is close with John Mark too. Best of all, he was the officiant of our wedding. A few days ago my parents just celebrated their 31st anniversary and today Milo is 30! We've been through some experiences as a family but I am so grateful that all of my siblings and parents love God and serve him. I am blessed without a doubt with an amazing family and the best big brother an annoying and stubborn little sister could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment