Thursday, May 13, 2010

“We need Your Presence”



My team member Delilah sent me this video in an email over Easter break as we were very overwhelmed with school and preparing for this trip. I never watched the video until tonight and I found myself in tears in my longing for the presence of God and His direction and guidance for this trip. It’s just a few simple phrases but it truly is a beautiful song that I pray will be in my heart throughout this trip. Oh, how we need the Lord’s presence to sustain us, to guide us and to make us alive and find rest in him. How beautiful is the presence of God… whether we feel like we need it or we fail to recognize it, God desires to be present in our lives.

2 Chronicles 16:9a – “The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him…”

Not only do we desire the presence of the Lord, but the Lord desires our presence and commitment to him. He wants to use us to do his work and he searches for those most willing so that he can do a mighty work in and through us. Lord, may I be willing and committed to you. Even when it’s hard, even when i’m thousands of miles from home, Lord your presence sustains and is alive in me and you will help me to grow and breathe new life each morning. I need your presence God, because without you I am lost, I am weary…

“As the deer pants for the water and the baby longs to be fed, So I am in need of, in need of your presence. I need your presence, we need your presence. Like water to our souls, we need your presence…

Something inside us is coming alive as we stand in the place where you are. Something inside us is coming alive as we see you for who you are.”

Psalm 40

Thank you Lord for your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment