Monday, May 10, 2010

Today is the Day!

Wow, I cannot believe that today is actually here. This past semester has truly been the most difficult yet as we have been preparing continuously for this trip to Cambodia. There were times that I did not think I was going to make it through the semester, let alone pass… but I worked diligently and kept up with everything and was able to pull through with a 3.625 gpa for the semester. After this internship this summer, I have one semester left. I never thought I’d see that day coming either, but it is in the near future.

I feel very anxious and excited for this trip and I know that God has big plans for me as an individual, our team, the ministry of PCL and the people of Cambodia. We have worked very hard to prepare for all of this but most importantly it is our desire to seek after God’s heart for these people and for his wisdom and discernment as we embark on this mission. What is my mission? I want to build relationships and be a living example of Christ in the flesh in that my actions, words, and attitude speak so loud of Christ’s love that without even being able to speak the language, those that I encounter have an opportunity to truly encounter God and experience his amazing grace and love. I pray that I am daily growing, seeking, trusting, and encountering God so that everything that I am is overflowing and pouring out the one and only “I AM.” I love the title of Louis Giglio’s book: I am not, but I know I AM. I pray that while in Cambodia, everything that happens I will recognize I AM and give all the glory and honor to God.

I often struggle with being prideful (even if its not in my actions, mostly in my thoughts) and I pray that I will grow this summer in humility and a servant’s heart – please pray with me.

I will be stretched, confused, excited, overwhelmed, amazed, and so many other things this summer and I know that through everything, God is with me and I want to trust him through every experience and feeling I encounter.

Thank you again to everyone for your financial support and prayers. I pray that in this 10 weeks, you will also be challenged and encouraged and grow in Christ. I will do my best to keep you updated, for this will truly be an experience that will be with me for a lifetime.

It is time for a new stage of life to begin, I am ready now… my cup is empty and ready to be filled with what God wants to teach me through this experience and his people.

1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment