Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We made it to Siem Reap, Cambodia!

We made it safe and sound. It was definitely a long trip and I feel drained and weak and my stomach is unsettled, but I am so thankful that we made it. Apparently it is the hottest here in Siem Reap since like 1890. We got off the plane at 1030pm last night and as soon as we walked off the plane the humidity and heat hit like a ton of bricks. I think it was 90 but way humid. Thankfully we have AC in our guest house. I think we would melt if we didn’t!! So the 4 of us girls are staying in a guest house about an 8 minute walk from everything that we’ll be working at, but thankfully this morning we are getting picked up by one of the workers Matt.

It probably wasn’t until 2 or 3am that we finally went to bed and I slept till about 6am and stayed in bed till 640. Hopefully we will get caught up on sleep soon because right now I feel kind of like a zombie or just out of whack – guess that’s part of jet-leg. We were in the air for 22 hours I think. I got up Monday morning at 3am (went to bed at 1am) – we didn’t see the night on Monday night and went to bed at 3 this Wednesday morning… and it’s all kinda of just making me feel really yucky.

We are going to start our day today at 10am probably to have like an orientation and go over everything that we’re doing this summer. It will be nice to see everything because it was dark out when we got here. So it will all be cool to see today.

Well, thanks for your prayers! We arrived safely and we are ready to begin this journey!!

God Bless,

Rahel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment