Friday, February 24, 2012

Finding Order

This past year I've kind of been out of whack not having a job or being in school. I find it pretty hard to get motivated to do a lot of things because I'm not on a schedule. So this past week I've been doing my best to find my routine. There's a lot I do at home, but to think of all that on top of a job and eventually with kids scares me a little. I've learned that I thrive on a
schedule.
no kidding right.
But seriously, I don't know what I'm thinking when I don't have a plan. I am a procrastinator. But if I make a list and task myself, WOW, I can rock it. Most particularly, I find myself procrastinating about spending time with the Lord. This week I've really focused on my time with God. I've been missing out on a lot by shortening my time with God and not focusing on really spending significant time with him. I'm learning to find focus in reading, journaling and prayer and walking with my doggy while listening to worship music in the mornings. For me, finding order has really come from the season of lent. I've never really participated in lent, but I was challenged in church on Sunday to really prepare my heart and mind for 40 days before Easter. JM and I have agreed to spend our Tuesday lunch-time together in prayer and reading through Matthew for lent. And on top of that, I am working on finding order, routine, and schedules in my life to prepare for our up-coming changes this summer. We will be moving from a very slow and easy at home life to a busy, fast pace of life that will require a lot more time, energy and motivation. I am extremely excited but a little nervous because I have been so out of routine. I pray that in this time of lent I can find order that becomes my daily foundation. But I also want to be open and available to things that may interrupt my schedule. It's so important to not let your schedules and routines close you off to the things that may happen in the moment. 
my time with God
needs to be my 
foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment