Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our Tree

Aren't lit trees just so mesmerizing. I could sit and look at the lights and reflections for hours.
When we were little, we would get up in the mornings and sit almost under the tree as we ate our cereal and just stared at the lights. Do you have any childhood memories of your trees over the years?
One year my brother got a really bad shock from trying to plug the tree in.
Another year one of my sisters tipped the entire tree over - we won't name any names,
but I'm pretty sure she was really embarrassed.
I can still remember her screeching scared apologies and crying.
My favorite ornaments on my parents' tree were the little wooden rocking horses.
A few years ago my mom decided to get a big holly tree for their Christmas tree.
It was a good idea and they could plant it after the holidays...
but it would prick you if you bumped into it and unfortunately - 
it didn't survive after they planted it.
JM's family usually puts up the tree on Thanksgiving Day.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment