Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Impromptu Visits

Are you ever amazed when someone invites you over last minute?
Are you a type of person that has to have the house clean and ready before you have guests over?
On Monday night, JM and I went to choir practice, yes choir practice.
I may have come full circle in my years of watching my dad direct choir and my mom and siblings sing.
I vowed I would never do it for as long as I can remember.
And what have I been doing for the last few months?
Practicing with the choir for one song in the Christmas Eve service.
Well, aside from that...
After practice, a family from our church invited us over because they [and JM] were all singing songs from:
"A Year Without Santa Claus" & "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
...movies I had never seen.
They wanted me to experience all the fun and music that was so special to their family and childhoods.
I'm so thankful to share a first Christmas movie memory with this family.
We all piled in our cars and had a great evening that was all last minute.
They grabbed egg-nog, snacks and opened their home.
We have never hung out with this family outside of seeing them at church.
It's times like this when I hope that I can always open our home happily; even if it's last minute.
No matter the time or day or if the house is clean.
What a lovely experience!

2 comments:

  1. You had never seen Santa Claus is Coming to Town!? You were missing out! I hope you loved it. The winter warlock "One Foot in front of the other" song was always a fave! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have never seen santa claus is coming to town...

    ReplyDelete