Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Butter/Margarine/Olive Oil

Well, I've found myself in a dilemma.
Have you questioned butter and whether or not it's unhealthy to cook with or eat for that matter?
I know for a fact the I will never cook with as much butter as Julia Child or my grandmother [though their food may be delicious]- but, we recently bought a few sticks of butter and I'm reminded of why I like to cook with it.
It just tastes so much better!

We've used smart balance, olive oil, margarine - you name it, we've more than likely tried it. But especially when it comes to caramelizing onions or using a frying pan, I really just like using butter better.

We try to stay healthy around here, so butter just seems like a scary word. But I still believe that using ingredients wisely and portion control can and does also contribute to healthy eating. We don't have to cut everything out of our lives. I still use olive oil and margarine, but when I want to use butter, I'm not going to feel guilty about it {but I'm also not going to use more than I need either}.

Has anyone else found themselves in this same predicament? What are the other options?

No comments:

Post a Comment