Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Focus

I have had a lot of free time now that I am no longer in school. John Mark and I have been married almost 3 months now and I haven't started working. We had an amazing honeymoon in Europe after the Christmas and New Year season, so personally, I feel like our honeymoon-stage really did not end until mid-January.


I have either been working full time or been in college for the last 5 1/2 years. So, rest and stagnancy was not on my side. Probably a week after our honeymoon I was already going stir-crazy, so you may be able to imagine how I feel 3 months in. I've watched a lot more TV (sadly), read a few books, and ran a lot of miles... but this past week I've really felt moved to get focused.

John Mark and I have been through a lot of difficult and challenging issues in our dating, engaged and now married season already. But we are truly learning how to pray together, seek God and be there for one another. If you do not know, we feel led to full-time ministry, so lately we've  been praying for our next step in that direction. Personally, I am extremely passionate about missions, not-for-profit and humanitarian efforts, so I decided what better than to focus on the people and experiences that have so strongly influenced me in these areas. I want to go back to summer camp, freshman year of college, ministries, mission trips, conferences, organizations and mentors in order to develop a vision and focus in my own life and maybe you will be inspired too! I believe if I direct my focus toward my passion to serve others, I will be able to develop a better vision for our work and ministry.

3 comments:

  1. love the new blog look! Glad you are writing again! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your husband. May the Lord respond with both vision and direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and dependance upon God's precious Spirit. (The Lord spoke that one while praying for you)

    ReplyDelete