Thursday, January 26, 2012

Listen

My reading today kind of sums up these last few months. We've been really busy. There has been a lot going on - very exciting things - but I've felt quiet spiritually and for posting on this blog especially this new year. We had an amazing time with our families over the holidays and we feel blessed in so many ways.
But when it comes to what I was feeling from God, I just haven't been sure. Together, JM and I have felt a lot of promptings for big changes for us this summer but have had no clarity as to how that would happen.

This is my understanding of Samuel 3 in response to our lives right now (specifically this week):
Now in those days, messages from the Lord were very rare, and visions were quite uncommon. - 3:1
*Rahel had not heard anything substantial from the Lord as she understands it, but knows she wants to.
The Lord called out... - 3:4
*Perhaps the Lord had been speaking to me "Rahel, Rahel"
Samuel did not yet know the Lord because he had never had a message from the Lord before - 3:7
*Rahel does not feel like she knows the Lords voice, perhaps she has never heard God directly, or she simply isn't listening.
Speak Lord, your servant is listening. - 3:9
*Here's the key. I have been uncertain of what to say. I've wanted to leave posts about God and life, but I have several drafts in my inbox I did not post. I felt it more necessary to be quiet. What does Samuel say? "your servant is LISTENING." Sometimes it's not necessary for me to speak or have something godly to say. Perhaps God has been saying, Rahel, hello, LISTEN and you'll hear my voice, my direction for you. I AM speaking to you!
I am about to do a shocking thing... - 3:11
*Rahel, listen, because I'm about to take you on a journey unexpected...

God has revealed to us very clearly this week that he is about to do something new in our lives. We've been forced to listen these last few days because we have to make a very difficult decision. Maybe instead of always trying to think of something to say, I need to start listening a lot closer. So now, it's time we really listen as God shows us what's up! I am ready to listen Lord. You got my attention!
SOMETIMES WE'RE BETTER OFF... 
Listening
FROM THE START
I knew that something was stirring in me, but I did not make enough effort to say speak Lord, I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment