Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Honey Graduated!

I am so proud of JM. He graduated from Liberty University last weekend with a Bachelor of Science in Religion. For those of you who don't know, we met our freshman year of college at Charleston Southern University in 2005 and became very good friends. We had a lot of growing up to do and we took different directions in life. A year later, we both dropped out of school. I started working full-time and volunteering at my church and he joined the Coast Guard. In 2008 we started dating long-distance. I started school again at Lee University and JM began online school with Liberty University. Since then, he has been doing school year a round on top of his full time job. I am so proud of his hard work and tenacity. We have been through a lot this past year and it could have been really easy for JM to take a break from school. But he persisted and finished with an overall GPA 3.2! If you knew how bad we did our first year of college, you will understand that it was no easy feat. We headed up to Lynchburg to see Liberty's campus for the first time for his graduation. It was awesome to see him graduate and wear his Coastie uniform [it was much easer to find him that way!]
Way to go my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment