Saturday, June 12, 2010

Angkor Wat Complex


Monday morning, June 7, around 6am, we watched the sun rise over Angkor Wat... this shot is from between the entrance of the front complex looking at the back complex (I always thought this shot was the outside of the entire complex).


Again, inside of the back complex...


Walking away from the inside of the complex...

What I didn't realize about these temples is that Angkor Wat is the largest of the temples but there are 7 or more different large temple locations... just a taste for you!


My favorite temple because everything was falling over!


We climbed to the top of this one - it was a straight up climb. The steps were insanely scary!


I made it to the top... going down was even harder...

...Our descent


Coolest trees ever! They have grown over this temple everywhere.

What a truly amazing experience to see these structures and to imagine that they were over a thousand years old... I can't even fathom how they were built, especially how they stacked all these huge stones. I really did feel like Indiana Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment