Friday, November 20, 2009

Yes, it’s really happening.

I just received 75 business letters from my program, and I will be adding my personal note, to send out to raise financial support for my internship in Cambodia. I ask that those of you possibly interested in helping to support monetarily or through your prayers, please give me your home address so that I can put you on my list; either on here or by email: rwilso04@leeu.edu (that is an o, and a zero)

What is an Intercultural Studies degree here at Lee? This is a missions degree designed to prepare students for faithful, informed, and effective practice of mission in a multi-cultural and pluralistic world. The program, with it’s intentioned intercultural approach to teaching missiology and evangelism, serves the World Christian Movement by preparing people for mission.

A little more about Cambodia:

Cambodia is home to Tonlé Sap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia, as well as the Angkor Wat temples, which were built in the 12th century and are a national symbol of Cambodia still today. Cambodia has a religiocultural heritage in which 95% of its 14 million people adhere to Theraveda Buddhism.

I will be learning to live and work in a cultural context very different from the US, while ministering to the spiritual and felt needs of the people of Cambodia. Most importantly, I will have the opportunity to form relationships and show the love of Christ through teaching, preaching, outreach, social service and children’s evangelism.

I ask you to please consider this great opportunity that I have and pray for me as I prepare these next 6 months.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment